Sunday, June 5, 2016

How I Became A Work-At-Home Mom


Woman, Working, Business Woman, Laptop, Computer

Becoming a mother is a job itself, and there's nothing more fulfilling to do than to see your kids grow bright and healthy.


However, not everyone can afford to be a stay-at-home mom to watch over the kids all the time, and some still have to go back to work after their maternity leave. It's not an easy choice to make.


I found out that I was pregnant with my daughter Kat on my first month working on my first job. Yep, that soon. I have no problems working then, even with the graveyard schedule. The thing I had difficulties was to find someone to take care of her once I went back to work. At that time, I felt I have no other choice. I have to earn money to support her, so I hired a yaya to watch over her. 









Our home then became a revolving door for household help. I think we had 6-10 yayas while I was still working at our office. I only have 2-3 hours with Kat everyday, before I sleep and go straight to work when I wake up. Sad to say, I wish I could have spend more time with her.


So when I had my second, I decided to make up for a lot of things. I quit my job for five years, and then decided to be a work-at-home mom. 


Everything was new to me but I was willing to learn. I was a part-time article writer before (I did that on both of my maternity leaves) so I tried looking for similar jobs in oDesk.com (now Upwork.com). Luckily, I found my first legit client. It was not easy, I say. 


Note: I tried working before but like any other newbies, I became a victim of scams and clients who didn't pay my work. This is why I re-started my blog, and change it to something very dear to me - working from home.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger