Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Cebu Trip: Going to La Guardia Hotel

We proceeded to the taxi bay and as advised by one blogger, we didn't hire for the yellow airport cabs. Instead, we passed through them, proceed to the right-side of the airport and went up the stairs were white metered cabs are waiting. I then called our hotel to confirm that we'd arrive and if we can check in early. The receptionist confirmed that we can just proceed there.

We rode Kuya Buddy's cab (BNG, if I'm not mistaken) and I gave him the map of La Guardia Hotel. He took time to read the map and then proceed. I could say that Cebu is like Commonwealth at Mactan, Manila at Mandaue City, Lacson/Espana at Midtown Cebu, and Recto at Downtown Cebu. I say i kinda hate the traffic and the stop lights there.

Chris and I talked while traveling and Kuya Buddy sometimes interrupted our talk and kinda selling his services for a day tour. His flat fee is P1500 which is great since some charges P2500 up. We just said we'd call him up if we want his services. (Later on, we decided not to avail since our hotel is near most of the tourists spots which is just around P40-P50 taxi fare.)

It took us an hour and a half to reach La Guardia Hotel which is in downtown Cebu. Our meter is P200, so I gave Kuya Buddy P500, I was expecting him to hand me at least P250 as changed but he gave me P300. Drivers there has the courtesy to give you exact change which is really, really awesome compared to here in Manila.

La Guardia Hotel is located at the 2nd floor and I could say that it's really noisy and crowded downstairs, where electronic and appliances establishments are located. Imagine, Carriedo and Recto. I didn't mind since the room we reserved is just P600/night which is great compared to other hotels/pensions.

The ambiance is really great at the 2nd floor. The receptionist made us wait a little since she's busy with another customer checking out. I didn't mind it since she's the only one there and things like this happens. I then spoke to another receptionist who just arrived and told her about my reservation. She immediately assisted me. I told her I'd pay for our 2 night stay upfront as we'll be in and out of the hotel the next day (they have a policy were you have to pay for each night at around 12noon check out time). She then activated the key card for 2 days. I paid P1200 for 2nights and P300 for security deposit (just if in case you avail laundry, etc).

We went up to our room assisted by the bell boy. I've seen the pictures of their rooms at their website and I can say it's great, for P600 room/night.


Sorry for the clutter... hehe

I advise to those not to avail the Deluxe rooms of La Guardia as it made no difference to Standard rooms. Plus, Deluxe are located along the main street where it's very noisy even at night.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the taxi experience. The taxi drivers would give you your exact change up to the last peso. It's a lot different here in manila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reserved a room of the said Hotel.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries VJ. I hope you have a great stay there.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger