Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Cebu Trip: Mactan- Boat Ride and Snorkeling

Our first stop during our wandering was Tambuli West. The pool is under maintenance so we decided to just go to Cebu Beach Club.

The pool there is also under maintenance so we went to their beach. It was not good for swimming as there are a lot of Japanese tourists who were kayaking and jet skiing.

A guy approached us and offered their services. P1500 for jet ski (No way!) and P500 for boat ride around Mactan bay(?). We opted in for the boat ride.


We were toured around by 2 guys, didn't ask for their name. We saw Costabella Resort, Maribago Bluewater and Imperial Cebu. One of them asked if we want to snorkel. Chris wanted to try it, I didn't want to as I want to stick to our budget since it's P200 per gear but I couldn't argue with him since it's his birthday. We went for a stop at a nearby beach I don't know the name.

While they guy went to get the snorkeling gear, some ladies went to us and offered souvenirs and accessories. I keep on saying no as they were really overpriced. Imagine a set of cheap beaded necklace, bracelet and earrings for P200! Heck, I could just buy them at Quiapo for P50! But then again, Chris decided to buy those for Kat. Who am I to argue again? I keep chanting then, it's his birthday, it's his birthday.

Finally, the guy went back and rowed us around the man made island from Imperial Palace Cebu. We then anchored at a small island to snorkel. I held and swam with Kat while Chris went to snorkel. He then offered to hold Kat to let me try snorkeling. I've been around sea water every summer vacation and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried snorkeling before. Wow. It was a wonderful experience and very new to me. Sadly, we weren't able to take pictures while snorkeling as we don't have an underwater camera.

After an hour, we went back to Tambuli West. We gave the boatmen P100 for the ride.

We went to the restaurant there and ordered snacks. Chris ordered Club Submarine sandwich while I order fries. The fries were like camote, ew! Luckily, the sandwich is tasty so I just ate what's on Chris' plate. The bill is P400 so we used our stub to pay. The food overall at Tambuli resorts are disappointing and overprice. I wouldn't order them if we haven't bought their day tour package.

The pools were available then so we decided to take a dip on the pool. We also tried their jacuzzi. After 30minutes, we took Kat out as she's already cold. I changed her and waited for Chris to finish his shower. I cleaned up after Chris and went to the reception area to ask them to call a cab.

We waited for a few minutes for a cab to arrive. It was an "Airland" taxi and he didn't agree to have his taxi metered. We're no fool to bite on this again. I asked the receptionist again to call one and waited. We took pictures while waiting.

Luckily, a cab driver dropped tourists at the resort and he agreed to have his taxi metered. He just asked for us to add P50. We grabbed his offer and we're off to our hotel again.

We arrive at La Guardia at around 6:00pm and our cab fare is around P280.

More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger